Other than NOAA charts?

I’m sure that I will love CE on the IPad. I’m in La Paz, BCS, but don’t see any charts except for the U. S. Am I missing something?

No, you’re not missing anything. This beta best version only has charts for the USA. We will be adding more options in the future. British Columbia will almost certainly be the first International charts we add. I’m not sure when we’ll have options for other parts of the world, like Mexico, but we are hoping to at some point.

@stevenh How soon do you think you might have BC charts ready? We are starting a job doing a survey in the Gulf islands in 10 days, it would be great to be testing those charts, we will be up there for almost a month.

Sorry, but I don’t know the answer to that question.

It was worth a shot to ask : )

1 Like

Every time I update my iPad I have errors and only shows offline charts for power sound don’t know how to add Alaska charts to offline, so if I don’t have a internet connection does that mean the I won’t get other charts?

If you’re referring to the number of errors that can show up in red on the Settings page under Chart and Data Synchronization, then you should be able to tap Update Now to have Coastal Explorer retry the parts of the chart that failed to download. That will only try to download new data and data that failed to download previously, not all of the data.

But you might need to adjust your download area first if you aren’t getting the charts that you want. We just added an article that might clear some things up for you. See Using Coastal Explorer on your iPad or iPhone Without the Internet.