2024 tide & current data?

Whoops, I went to plan some 2024 cruises for my club and realized that CE only has Tide & Current data for 2023.

When will 2024 data be available and how can I get it?

Please consider making the tide & Current data release more frequent. In Jan, data thru Dec seems like a long time. But being in Oct, and having no data past Dec is problematic. Perhaps a quarterly data release that provides data for 1 year ahead? That would would be nice.

Thanks for the feedback mvcalypso.

I understand why you would want that. I know that this has come up before at our office, but I will raise the issue again. The most I can promise is by the start of 2024.

There was a delay in the availability of Tide and Current information in Canadian Areas in 2023, and that delay was due to delays from the Canadian Hydrographic Service. I believe it was not available until April 2023.

You are correct. I retract my promise, since I can only promise things we are in complete control over.

Thanks for the responses. I probably should have said that I’m in the San Francisco Bay area and so my Primary interest is in US west coast data.

HI again,
I first asked about this in Sept and since it’s now mid-December I want to ask again: When will US tide & current data for 2024 be available?

You should already have it. We released the update a couple+ weeks ago.

In case your computer doesn’t go online, here’s the manual download link:

https://www.rosepoint.com/support/new_noaa_tides

Well, right you are- I guess it was a stealthy data install & I hadn’t noticed. My apologies.

The new tide/current data shows up as a “Program Update” and you would have had to click “Install” on it, unless you install it from the link I sent.

A related question: My license for the BC raster charts expires 3/18. I have tried to renew it but the “store” option shows only vector charts. Do I have to wait until it expires before I can renew? Also, the CHS tide/current data is no longer present on my charts. Will this reappear once I can renew?

Yes, you must wait until they expire to renew them and, yes, you’ll get updated CHS tide and current data when you renew the charts.