Air temperature not showing

I am trying to get Air temperature show on instruments but have had no luck with it. In the NMEA settings screen I can see Coastal Explorer parsing MTA sentence correctly but instrument configured for air temperature show only ----.
I am using the Windows version and I have configured the settings to show temperature in Celsius.

I also tried XDR sentence with AirTemp parameter but no luck either.

Hello,

Please send an email to support@rosepoint.com so we can provide instructions on retrieving electronics logs from the software to send to us. This will allow us to get a look at the raw data and find out what would be preventing it from displaying in Coastal Explorer

Unfortunately support@rosepoint.com is not as reponsive as you. I haven’t heard back from them…

Aaron is on vacation, so I’ll step in here… I’m sorry you did not get a response from support. I had them look for an email from you and they couldn’t find anything, so we’re not sure what happened there.

However, it turns out we don’t really need the log file that Aaron asked for. Coastal Explorer does not support the MTA sentence and has very limited support for XDR, so that is why the instrument is not showing any value.

The MTA sentence is not supported because it was deprecated a very long time ago and we’ve never actually found a device that uses them. The XDR sentence is not supported because the way that it works is different in every device that uses it (the sentence structure is a standard, but how it is used is not).

Coastal Explorer can get air temperature from the MDA sentence. This sentence has also been deprecated but is still widely used. Would it be possible to get your device to emit MDA sentences?

Interesting, as the connection settings show that MTA is parsed by Coastal Explorer.

I will check if MDA is possible.