C Map Charts and Updates

Good morning. Are there still issues with C Map charts and related updates/downloads? If I recall a while back someone at your company noted that C Map was hacked or some other issues that prevented interacting with c Map. Please let me know.
Thanks

John

Good morning!

Yes, I’m sorry to say that the situation with C-MAP’s licensing servers has not yet been resolved and we aren’t sure when it will be.

I’m a new user. When I try to access C-Map in your store function, I get a message saying it’s closed for maintenance. It’s been that way for days. So is that to be considered a permanent condition and that C-Map charts are no longer available?

Yes, when C-MAP’s licensing servers were taken offline, due to a security incursion, we had to shut the store down so customers wouldn’t try to buy something we can’t sell. We do not know if it is a permanent condition or not. C-MAP has been unable to provide us an ETA on when it will be working again. Sorry about that.

I have just had a number of conversations with support at C-Map (Navico) on this licensing issue (I have a C-Map chart for Mexico that I want to update). Bottom line - there is a work-around so you can buy C-Map charts for CE directly from Navico, but it involves a number of steps. I’m not sure its worth the hassle, particularly as I don’t know if the updated chart is significantly better that the version I have. And, yes, Navico apparently has no idea when the computer issues will be resolved.

1 Like