Missing 2023 British Columbia tide & current data

No data is displaying for tide & current stations in British Columbia as of 1/1/2023. My subscription to Coastal Explorer BC charts (both Vector & Raster) are active through April 2023. Please advise. Screen capture attached below.
Cheers!

Hi @HarborLark, we have not yet received the 2023 Tide and Current information from CHS in the format needed to include them within the software. We are in conversation with them about this, but as of yet that information will need to be downloaded from Canadian Tide and Current Tables.

Perhaps off-topic, but is there any way that the CE tide stations information could be displayed in meters instead of feet. (yes, I can convert it in my head but I’m pretty sure the source data is in meters…)

Thanks.

-Evan

Hi Evan,

Sorry, but the Measurements options in Settings are not yet applied to tide stations. Doing so is on our list, and I’ve added you to our tracking system, indicating that you would also like this to be added.

Thank you.

As you know, our CHS charts list soundings and depths in meters. I have our Depth sounders reading in meters and our anchor rode is marked in meters so having the tide tables in meters is our very clear default preference. I use an iPhone app to check the tide tables so that I can view the tables in metric but would certainly welcome the metric option in Coastal Explorer.

Thanks for considering.

-Evan

1 Like

And now do we have the same missing CHS data in 2024? Not showing up for me.

Any ETA?

I wish it were possible for us to give you an ETA, but we must wait for CHS to correct their mistake. We’re knocking loudly on their door, figuratively, so we expect it to be soon, but that’s best I can do I’m afraid.

1 Like

Looks like they are now available in CE. Thanks folks.

1 Like