Need to install software on new computer

I upgraded to a new computer that does not have a CD drive, how do I install my coastal navigator software?

Hello. Just download then run the full-installer, from here: Rose Point Navigation Systems -- Marine Navigation Software and Hardware

I download it the program and entered my code and was able to open the coastal explore software. I used a Microsoft GPS USB GPS stick and it seem to load fine.

I’m getting a message that says “no vector charts are available for this area or scale”

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you,
Chuck

Installing the software doesn’t immediately give charts. We don’t yet know which charts you need, so we’d have to include them all whether you need them or not, which would make the download for the installation program absolutely enormous. Fortunately, we have a video on this forum that explains how to get US charts. There are other videos for other types of charts as well. I’ll include a link to the one for US charts. Look through the videos and articles in “Help, Tips and FAQs” for more videos how how to get charts and other useful topics.

https://community.rosepoint.com/t/downloading-us-charts-windows-only/483/2

thank you, that makes sense

hopefully I can get charts just for the Pacific Northwest since that’s all I will need
Chuck

Just choose USCG13, which is the Pacific NW district.

thanks I saw that in the video.

1 Like

Hi there,

I’m trying to install my charts on another laptop and need my product ID. My email is s2svegan@gmail.com if you could help me access my Product ID that would be fabulous. Thank you!

Hello. I’ve sent your Product ID to your email.

For anyone else needing to know their Product ID, you can use “Settings > Accounts” in Coastal Explorer to see it. You can also sign-in to www.rosepoint.com to access your account information which includes your Product IDs and other things. (Click the user icon in the top-right corner of the page to sign-in.)