No RX on NEMO or USB GPS

I just returned to the boat for the summer and in getting the electronics going again, both a NEMO and a USB GPS on Com 4 show on line but no receive data. The NMEA 2000 and 0183 networks both show on line on the NEMO but no receive data. I have confirmed my other NMEA 2000 devices are working correctly and are passing data. Because it is happening to both a USB and ethernet interface, I am of the impression it is corrupted software after an update last week.

Tom

As a follow up, I got into the web interface on the NEMO and it shows all the devices on the NMEA 2000 network so it is definitely working correctly on the NMEA 2000 side, but Coastal Explorer doesn’t see any data coming from the NEMO.

Tom

Can you describe your boat’s network that the Nemo and Coastal Explorer computer are attached to? Are your using WiFi to connect your Coastal Explorer computer to the network or is everything hardwired with ethernet cables? Has your boat’s network changed recently (new router, access point, etc.) Thank you!

I have tried both Ethernet through a hub with a router assigned IP address, wireless through the same network, and direct connect by Ethernet with the same result. I have a second computer with the same version that works fine over wireless.

I noticed also that on occasion the USB port would show rx data when looking at the port’s raw data feed but CE would not display the data it was receiving.

Tom

Thanks to Rosepoint for the help this morning. It was actually a simple problem to correct with the Windows firewall settings. CE didn’t have access to both public and private networks. Solved in under 5 minutes.

Tom