Preserve sensor selections and priorities across restart

subject is concise. I can’t think of a reason not to do so.
tnx,
ttom

Perhaps too concise… Sensor priorities are preserved across restarts and sensor selections are very specifically not preserved. If your priorities are not being preserved, then you may have found a bug, but it would have to to with your specific configuration so please provide more details about what type of device and connection you’re seeing the problem with.

I am seeing the same issue.

Both Sensor Priorities AND Sensor Selections are being “reset” upon restart. In my case, I have an AIS (FA-50) and Satellite Compass (SC-33) both show up as sources for Position and Heading (though not clear why the AIS is detected as offering up Heading). I move the Sat Compass to the top of the Sensor Priority List in both cases and restart to find the Sat Compass at the bottom again.

As for Sensor Selections, unclear to me why they would not default upon restart to the top Sensor priority source or at least where I left them at last shut down? Even when I uncheck the AutoSelect box and make the following desired deliberate Sensor Selections:

HDG: Sat Compass
POS: Sat Compass

Upon restart I find them back on Auto Select as follows:

HDG:AIS
POS Sat Compass

Of course I want to use the most precise instrument first in each case.

Which of our products are you using?

CE Version. 4.0.23043.1747

The only thing I can think of that would cause your system to use a lower priority sensor over a higher one, is that there is something wrong with the data coming from the primary sensor. This could be as simple as the Sat Compass not having a GPS fix, malformed sentences coming into the system, or data being corrupted on the way.

If you like, you can give us a call at the office and we can remote in and check things out.

425-605-0985

It turns out in my case that “corruption” in the data stream triggers the secondary sensor to the top of the priority lists. The NMEA data coming from my Furuno FA-50 via the Ethernet port is “proprietary” to Furuno family devices. Apparently the “encoded corruption” isn’t enough to stop CE from partially succeeding as AIS targets do get painted. The hiccup though is that it causes CE to bump this device to the top of the priority lists every time the CE Application restarts.