thanks for your reply.
What I did in my first installation (so you would be able to reproduce):
- I’m logged in as normal user
- Start setup
- CE asked for administrator credentials → I entered
- Installation completes
- Start CE as normal user
- Purchase chart → not available
- Run CE as administrator → chart available for download → download → immediatly useable
- Run CE as normal user ->chart not available
Following your suggestion seems to “workaround” the problem.
- Add normal user to local admin group
- setup CE (no credentials are requested as expexcted)
- download chart
- test → ok
- remove user from local admin
- logoff-logon (normal user)
- start CE
- test → ok
Without further analyses with filemon and regmon: looking back on 25 years of developing business software it seems, that some required permissions are set in the wrong context during installation. Require admin rights for setup is a must but having the target user in the local admin group (at minimum for installation) is a no go on a secure computer.
Preventing auto upgrade: why not ask for admin credentials as many other software products do when an upgrade is available?
Maybe you take this as feature request for futher releases.
GREAT SOFTWARE, i like it and used it for many, many years on nice sailing trips - I never would like to miss it!!!
many thanks also for the great and prompt support!