Subscription fee mistake

I paid for an annual subscription. I canceled the subscription, but changed my mind. How do I reinstate the subscription?

We’re not sure as this has not happened before. I did some searching through Apple’s documentation and can only find information on how to cancel a subscription, not how to re-establish one. I would assume, though, that you should be able to just make another purchase.

However, the app won’t let you do that for as long as it thinks you have a valid subscription and it does not look like Apple has informed us that you cancelled yet. Presumably that will happen at some point and you should then be able to make the purchase again. In the mean time, we’ll keep looking into this to see if there’s anything you or Rose Point can do do expedite things…

I may have misinterpreted what you meant by “canceled the subscription”… When you cancel a subscription through the App Store, you can just prevent the subscription from automatically renewing at the end of the term, or you can effectively cancel the purchase and get a refund. I assumed you did the latter, but if you just canceled the auto-renew feature, then that would explain why we weren’t notified right away as your subscription would still be active.

You can check the status of all of your subscriptions in the App Store by tapping your account picture and selecting Subscriptions. If you only canceled the auto-renew feature, then you should still see Coastal Explorer in the list of active subscriptions. It’s possible that you could re-enable auto-renew from there, but I’m not 100% sure.

What I wanted to do was cancel the auto renewal. When I did that I lost the boat symbol and vector charts. I might be confused with CE on my laptop.

Pat

Hi Brad

This morning the green triangle is now showing.
I am in Canada. I recently purchased your vector charts for BC. They work fine on my PC. Do they work on my iPhone?

Pat

We are still working on getting Canadian charts onto the iPad and iPhone. Hopefully soon, but I can’t say exactly when.

Thanks for the update. How about importing routes from my PC.

We have a video showing how to import routes from your PC: Importing Navigation Object Information (iPad and iPhone Only)