Tidal Chart display problems in CE (Feb 22 2023)

I’m a longtime user of CE. I noticed today that the tide charts are not displaying properly when you click on a station. This seems to be a recent problem. I suspect there will need to be some sort of CE update from Rosepoint to rectify this issue.

JIm

What do you mean by “not displaying properly?” Thanks.

I get a straight line on the graph. For example, Whaler Bay. Also there are no data for these observations. It doesn’t mater if I am in Raster or Vector mode. I have a current subscription plan for the Vector Charts for CHS BC. The problem seems to be for British Columbia only. The Washington State stations seem to be fine.

Jim

Unfortunately, CHS has been unable to deliver BC tides and currents to us for 2023. We are in contact with them about this problem and are hoping they are able to deliver them soon. Once they are available, you’ll be able to perform a normal “Sync Now” to get them.

Thanks so much, Steve.

Jim

1 Like

Hi Steve: Is there any update on this problem? I have reached out to CHS and received a reply but do not yet have an update.

Jim

They did deliver us data but it was incomplete. They have been informed and we are back to waiting again.

Thanks Steven. I have replied to their reply and have requested an update.

Jim

I have synced and now have the latest update of CE. The Tide and Current tables can now be displayed for all Stations.

Thanks for your efforts on this!

Jim

Glad to hear it, and Thank you.

Steven and Others. This problem has reoccurred this year. We are getting straight lines for some of the Secondary Current Stations again this year, for example Slingsby Channel (CHS secondary station 06770) and Schooner Channel (CHS secondary station 06750). I have confirmed that another experienced user is having the same difficulties.

Is this once again a problem with CHS?

Jim Cave

Turns out this was a brand new kind of problem with the CHS data we were given. Many of the current station ids have been changed, but the secondary station table was not updated to reference the correct primary stations. We’ve corrected the data and will make an update available as soon as possible (probably tomorrow).

1 Like

Thanks very much Brad for looking into this and the great support from the Rosepoint team! CHS has been sloppy of late and still haven’t adequately replied to my questions from last year.

Jim

Hi Jim,

First, thank you for the kind words.
Second, the new tide/current data is available now. Brad got them corrected and updated last night.