About the Problems and Support category

We’re sorry you ran into a problem! Please use this category to report problems you’re having or ask questions of the Rose Point support staff. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can!

Howdy! I have had CE on my pc since 2008 and have always loved it. I have now added the app to my iPad. The software comes up fine, but there are a couple of questions: is my existing pc relationship with you guys recognized on the iPad…same login/password? I’m unable to access GPS or AIS info. Is this something I need to purchase or is there some setting I don’t know about?
Thanks for the help
Ted Morgan……425-765-2456

Hello Ted,

You can use the same login information on the Coastal Explorer app that you set up in the PC version of the software. Keep in mind that though they share certain information and features. The iPhone/iPad version of Coastal Explorer is effectively a separate product. For information on getting started with the app and configuring electronics, you can refer to the videos linked below:

No data is available for tide and current stations in British Columbia as of 1/1/2023.
My subscription to BC charts (both Vector & Raster) is active.
Please advise.
Cheers!

We are working on this. CHS is having problems delivering this data to us, which has never been a problem in the past. Sadly, I cannot give an ETA since this is in CHS hands, but we do continue to message them about it.