Garmin and Coastal Explorer

I’ve used CE for years, previously exporting GPX files to a Garmin 8612, without issue. I now have 8616 Garmin chartplotters and have problems with routes coming into the Garmin equipment and looking like spaghetti (instead of straight lines, they will cross back and forth in a jumbled mess). Has anyone experienced this? Has something changed with CE or with Garmin? It doesn’t seem as if many people export their routes into their Garmin chartplotters as I’ve found little support.

We hit a snag when Garmin put their micro Ram Slots on the back of their new touchscreen chart plotters…

customer had his new GPS mounted in a NavPod, so ability to import GPX files via mRam cards was impossible.

We used CE on windows laptop to create routes, sync via Rosepoint Cloud to customer’s account, then used a Samsung 'droid tablet running CE to fetch route data… export it to GPX (on the tablet) then we used Garmin Active Captain to sync the route GPX file to the Garmin Chart Plotter.

Of course ability to sync routes (and waypoints) between the CE Laptop & Droid Tablet requires an active internet connection…

Skipper