When I try to type in "Name" box of a range and bearing line it disappears without saving

When trying to add a name to a Range and bearing line as I am typing the dialog box closes and it doesn`t seem to allow me to type.
This has happened on multiple occasions, it seems to do it every week or so, after a week it seems to fix itself but then reverts.
it is almost as if the keyboard is giving the program a shortcut command when I try to type.

Are you using a cloud synced layer?

I ran into something that sounds a bit similar (see Cloud sync and losing changes while editing ) but never got to the bottom of it.

I called a friend, he said after talking to Support it is a known glitch but of low priority.
The fix seems to be to manually save the layer you are working on often.
After I did that it seems to be working again and I am able to input names without issue.

The issue that we are aware of has to do with adding a name to one end of a range/bearing line, not the line itself.

A range/bearing line in a “nob file” is made up of two regular mark objects and another object that represents the line and refers to the two marks, while in a cloud-synchronized layer a range/bearing line is a single object that has properties describing the start and end positions. The issue is caused by this difference since in a nob file, all three objects can have a name while in a cloud-layer, only the line can have a name. The fix for this will not be to let the endpoints be named, but rather to not show the name option for them at all.

If you really want to name the range/bearing line and not one of its ends, then you can double-click the line itself to show its properties and set the name.

@marcs : The issue you reported last year should have been fixed by the last update. Are you still experiencing that problem?

@marcs : The issue you reported last year should have been fixed by the last update. Are you still experiencing that problem?

Great news, thanks Brad! I haven’t had enough use to test it yet but look forward to doing that this summer.