Return of CE for iPads

When will Coastal Explorer for iPad be available again? There are a lot of iOS users out here.
Thanks!

It will be available again when we are certain that Apple has fixed the problem in iPadOS. In the recent beta updates there are improvements but it also appears that it’s not quite ready yet. We will continue testing.

Hello, Steven.

Is it possible to get the beta version again? I had it on my iPad before (I still have it on my iPhone), but when I heard that it had issues I deleted it from my iPad with the intention of reloading it from the App Store only to find it wasn’t available there any longer. Is there someway I can get it back onto my iPad?

All the best,

John

| stevenh Rose Point Staff
August 9 |

• | - |

It will be available again when we are certain that Apple has fixed the problem in iPadOS. In the recent beta updates there are improvements but it also appears that it’s not quite ready yet. We will continue testing.

You should be able to install it again from TestFlight. Have you tried?

Stephen,

I had not. So, I just downloaded the TestFlight app and it says “No Apps Available to Test." Do I need to do something different? Do you need to send me an invitation or something?.

Thanks for your help.

John

You should be able to use the original Beta article, here:

When I open the CE app on my iPad the following message appears: “Coastal Explorer” Beta Has Expired
What is the current status of this issue?
Thanks

We’re working on it…

The iOS/iPadOS 16 fixes the original problem that caused us to pull Coastal Explorer from the App Store. Unfortunately the last iOS/iPadOS 15 update does not also fix the problem, so we may need to make iOS/iPadOS 16 the minimum supported version. We are also looking at possibly just showing a message at startup on iOS/iPadOS 15 indicating that the app is not compatible with that operating system so that we can continue to support older versions.

However, we have a new issue to deal with which is that Apple has made another change that disables Nemo Gateway support. We are working with Apple to resolve that and will re-release Coastal Explorer as soon as we can.

We might be able to release another beta to TestFlight before the Nemo Gateway issue is resolved (but of course it would not work with the gateway).

I have updated my iPad to iPadOS 16.2.
When will Coastal Explorer be available in the Apple App Store?
Thanks

Hi DLECE,

It will likely be sometime after we’ve both released another beta and the Nemo Gateway works with it again, which will require another iOS update from Apple that fixes their problem. Sadly, it’s impossible for us to know when Apple will fix their problem.

I was playing with my iPhone (iOS 16.3) when all of a sudden CE pops open… telling me that sailing season is not far behind that darn groundhog.

Not to drop a grenade in your shorts, but the Beta community looks forward to poking the digital tiger when your team is ready.

Best,

Skipper

1 Like

We are looking forward to that as well. :slight_smile:

Is it still possible to download a beta version of the most current software for an iPad Pro? If so, how do I do that?

No, it’s not in TestFlight either, for the same reason it’s not in the AppStore. Sorry.

Coastal Explorer is back in the App Store!

3 Likes